In moving from the Series 4 to the series 5, we have incorporated the following enhancements:
– Larger wheels for final placement, and for ease of moving during maintenance;
– More intuitive menu commands
– Integrated battery monitoring
– Increase ability to handle large in rush currents
– RS232 / SNMP capability
– Reduce size, one third smaller than the
– Reduced weight, one third lighter than the
The end user must ensure that the unit is regularly maintained and tested fully to ensure that the unit meets the specifications outlined above.
The unit must also be kept indoors in a relatively dust free environment and away from water.
It is important to minimize the cable lengths to reduce the risks of damage. The advantage of the ELPS unit is it can be located close to the source of power feeding the lift or even to fans needed for a safe refuge area.
A standard UPS will pass all of the current through, converting from AC to DC and then back from DC to AC.
In so doing you can typically expect 10% losses (ours is 2%). At 15kva or 12kw, each hour costs 14pence per KWh.
Effectively, based on 24 hours a day, for 7 days and for 52 weeks a year, such as a typical office, there are savings of up
to £1,174.12 per annum. Higher savings would accrue if the KWh rates are higher, and lower with lower usage.